Leisure activities close to the Les Charmettes campsite:
- There are many very easy cycle tracks that start from the campsite and go through the woods towards the beaches.
- Quadbike, jet ski, boat rental, etc. less than 5 minutes away.
- Horse riding from the Centre Equestre des Mathes next door to the campsite.
- Golf courses at La Palmyre and Royan
- Sea and lake fishing.
- High-ropes course, surfing, kite surfing, etc. All water sports are available at La Palmyre.
- Kayaking on the Seudre
- Don’t miss La Palmyre zoo!
Tourism in the area:
- Picturesque villages: such as Mornac, Talmont and Brouage.
- The islands of Oléron, Aix and Ré
- Along the coast: Saint Palais, Royan, Chatelaillon, La Rochelle, Rochefort and Fouras.
- In the Gironde estuary: Saint Georges de Didonne, Meschers, Mortagne and Blaye.
- Along the Charente: Saintes, Saint Savinien, Cognac and Pons.
- Along the Seudre: La Tremblade, l’Eguille, Marennes and the oyster-farming region.
Marennes oysters served with crépinettes, mussels cooked over pine needles, Grillon Charentais paté, Pineau de Charentes, galettes, wine, salt and potatoes from the Ile de Ré, shellfish and fish from the estuary such as sturgeon and meagre, sardines from Royan, melons, etc.
A real feast!